Updated: 18 July 2018
The (ISC)² Sweden Chapter has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our organization. You are receiving this message because you are or have been a registered member of (ISC)2 Sweden Chapter.
The (ISC)² Sweden Chapter respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you become a member and/or visiting https://www.isc2chapter-sweden.se/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not be a member of the organization and/or to use our Website.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- (ISC)2 Sweden Chapter organization membership roster
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued membership after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Collection of Data
“Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes (1) contact data (such as email address, telephone number and employers); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth, or zip code) and (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address, user generated content.
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system, top viewed and visited pages and links on our web site, top entry and exit points, number of form completions, time spent on pages, top downloads, top keywords used offsite to lead customers to our website, information collected via cookies, and other device event information such as system activity, crashes, and hardware settings.
We collect information from you when you
- Use the Website: We collect Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you contact us via the contact formula. If you do provide sensitive Personal information to us, you consent to its use and disclosure for the limited purposes for which it was collected.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How Your Information is Used
We use the Personal Information that we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the member services including to provide member services. You agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to provide the services to you;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provided it;
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer,
- for customer service, security, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- to verify your certification status with (ISC)²
- to communicate with you, either via email, telephone, text (SMS) messages (if applicable based on your consent), postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to inform you about the Services, special offers, etc..
- to help us develop and improve our services to our existing and future members;
- to provide users with advertising and direct marketing of that is more relevant to you as a chapter member;
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual (anonymized data), without restriction.
- To (ISC)2, (ISC)2 EMEA and it’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- For legal purposes: We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
(ISC)² is a certification organization and (ISC)² Sweden Chapter maintains information on those who possess its certifications or have expressed an interest in them. If you would like to see the information (ISC)² Sweden Chapter retains about you, please see our Privacy Page for information on how to request the information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. (ISC)2 Sweden Chapter will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at https://www.isc2chapter-sweden.se/contact-us/ .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. Opt-Out
(ISC)² Sweden Chapter is a membership organization and, as such, must maintain contact information on its members to communicate relational or transactional information. (ISC)² Sweden Chapter also sends promotional material promoting its conferences, training opportunities, or other offerings. From time to time, (ISC)² Sweden Chapter collaborates with other security organizations and companies to promote other programs that may be of interest to information security professionals and (ISC)² Sweden Chapter members. We will always obtain your prior “opt-in” before sending you marketing communications. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing material, every marketing e-mail will include an opt-out link at the bottom or you may notify (ISC)² Sweden Chapter in writing at the address below. This does not include opting-out of (ISC)² Sweden Chapter relational (constituent meetings, newsletters, AMF/CPE notices, (ISC)² Sweden Chapter functions) or transactional notices.
To opt-out of Interest-Based Ads, please disable cookies through your browser settings.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
(ISC)² Sweden Chapter
(ISC)² Certification Verification
As an organization that caters to (ISC)² certified individuals in information security, (ISC)² Sweden Chapter and is frequently requested to verify whether an individual’s assertion that they possess our certification is accurate. It is an implied duty that (ISC)² Sweden Chapter identify and attest to the certified status of those individuals who do possess our certification. As such, (ISC)² Sweden Chapter will verify whether an individual is certified by (ISC)² or not upon receiving sufficient identifying information regarding the subject of the inquiry. (ISC)² also provides a verification process on its public website which lists members based on last name. This listing provides the name, city/state/country, and certification title held by the member. However, under no circumstances is any contact or other information disclosed.
Lists for Employers
Periodically, (ISC)² Sweden Chapter is asked by an employer to identify those employed by their organization who hold (ISC)² credentials. To that end, we provide names of those (ISC)² members who list the requester as their employer. No information, other than name, is revealed, and it is provided only to the employer upon written request. If you are an (ISC)² member and do not wish to be identified as such to your employer, do not list your employer in your contact information, as this is the information used to identify you for inclusion to such a list.
(ISC)² Sweden chapter reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying users of the existence of a new privacy statement.
- You can send an email to email@example.com
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
Our mailing address is:
(ISC)2 Sweden Chapter
Stockholm 103 59